Sunday, October 18, 2009

Technology and America

I do believe that we as Americans have become isolated because of technological advances. As stated in the book individuals throughout our country don't have to leave the house in order to network or even date. I do believe we also should be concerned now and in the future especially in regards to our children. We see children as young as 9 years old with cell phones and mp3 players not paying attention to their surroundings or interacting with others. I believe that Americans may also be overweight because lazy because of technology as well. Instead of going outside to play and meet new friends our children would rather play video games or Internet surf. The way individuals catchup with old friends and communicate with them is through Internet sites such as facebook and myspace. The effort just simply does not seem to be there anymore when it comes to friendships and relationships because we depend on out Internet and technology to do the job for us. Simple things such as a hug can be sent in a message or on the Internet to a friend who may be in need or just feeling low, I hope the Internet hugs really do the trick and make them feel better.

Although individuals still go to malls to shop and interact, if they don't want to go out they really don't have to because the same thing they want in the mall at certain stores can be found online at the stores website, the only thing that individual will have to pay in addition to the products are the shipping and handling fees but I guess they don't mind since they didn't even have to get out of bed to go out and shop. Technology, possibly shouldn't live with it but we can't seem to live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment