Thursday, December 3, 2009
Walmart
I do believe that walmart is good for America and the American people. I found the video to be very interesting. The fact that alot of individuals are against walmarts opening, such as in the case of the Fredericksburg Virginia land dispute, where individuals in the area don't really care about how good walmart is for the community they simply do not want one built on the battlefield or anywhere near it. They believe that it will take away from the history that is in the city and the battle that ensued there. It is understandable why they may feel this way, especially if they were born in that area and appreciate the history of it more than others from the outside looking in. In such a case as this I don't think that the walmart being built in that exact location is necessary. I cant understand why they just don't find another location to build. Walmart is good for America and will be good for many of the individuals in the city of Fredericksburg Virginia who have recently been laid off by opening up more job opportunities and more money into the area. Walmart has certainly made its mark on America and do advertise the lowest prices of things but I'm not sure if this is truth or not. It seems that they do have lower prices on certain items than other stores but how can we know this for sure? Are the lower prices due to the fact that most of the items at walmart come from china or other countries that charge lower for labor and to make these products? I would have considered walmart to be a monopoly in the past but now with other options such as target and online shopping its difficult to put walmart in the forefront as the leader of such a market. over all I do believe walmart is good for America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment