Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Society, secular or not?
Our society has very different religious view from other society's throughout the world. The way each person throughout the world looks at religion differs. I believe that our society has become very secular. Religions doesn't seem to be what it used to be. In the past religion was something that was cherished and actually taken seriously. The worldview and religious view of each individual is different therefore the way I feel about the situation is going to be different than that of another person. I do believe that our society has turned from religion being a focal point to people to simply not so serious thing. There have been many situations that have caused this belief. The music and things our children have become accustomed to are things that our parents would have never allowed. The use of cellphones for everything now days and "sexting" and other situations that many people aren't even aware that their children are participating in have become very main stream and are perfect examples of the secular situation. Parents have become so busy that they rarely have much time to spend time with their children therefore they rarely are aware of the types of activities children are participating in. Unfortunately I don't believe our society will ever be willing to take the steps to become non secular and get back to being more focused on religion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment